Can the race be cancelled?
- Yes. We reserve the right to cancel the race for a variety of unsafe conditions including extreme weather, COVID 19, or any unforeseen circumstances that make directing a race impossible or unsafe. In the case of cancellation, entries will not be refunded. We do our best to allow transfers to the following year or a rescheduled date but cannot guarantee this option and it will depend on the timing of the cancellation as well as permits. Although cancellations are rare, they can happen. Please check this website frequently before the race for the most current updates.
Can I change events after I have registered?
- Yes. Please call or email us if you would like to change events.
Do children need to register?
- Children 12 years of age and under may participate in the Jaguar Jaunt Family Fun Walk/Run for free - but still need to register. If you choose an unpaid entry, your children will not receive a shirt, hat, participation medal or free entrance to the Mile Into the Wild Walkway. If you would like your children to receive these items, you must pay their registration fee. Paid registration for races is required regardless of age.
How will I get my race packet?
- T-SHIRT & CAPS will be available on the day of the event.
- Race Day Pickup requires you bring your printed receipt to confirm your registration.
Is fundraising required to participate?
- Although fundraising is not required, we HIGHLY encourage you to use this event as an opportunity to raise money for the animals! Registration fees only cover the costs associated with producing the event, and this event is designed as a fundraiser! Helping the animals is the most important (and most rewarding) part of running Into the Wild!
- Don't be afraid to ask your friends, family and colleagues to sponsor you! After all, you are participating in a great event for an incredible cause! You will be surprised at how much you can raise!
What time should I arrive?
- We recommend arriving at least an hour before your event start to allow time to park and use the restrooms, and to pick up your shirt/tech hat. If you are coming from I-76, you will cross train tracks in Hudson. Trains can cause delays of up to 30 minutes. Allow yourself plenty of travel time!
How do I get there?
- Take I-76 East to Exit 31 (Hudson). Turn Right onto State Highway 52, and travel approximately 4 miles to County Road 53. Turn Right onto County Road 53, and travel approximately 3 miles to the North entrance of The Wild Animal Sanctuary. Please note: you will cross train tracks in Hudson that can cause delays of up to 30 minutes. Allow extra travel time!
If you use a GPS, please make sure it takes you all the way to Exit 31 (town of Hudson). Many will have you exit at Bromley Lane and take you on terrible dirt roads the rest of the way.
From Fort Collins:
- Take I-25 South to Exit 235 (Dacono/Fort Lupton). Turn Left onto State Highway 52, and travel approximately 26 miles to County Road 53. Turn Right onto County Road 53, and travel approximately 3 miles to the North entrance of The Wild Animal Sanctuary.
Follow signs and volunteers to the race area!
What should I bring?
- Please dress appropriately for the weather (we recommend layers!) and wear sunscreen and bug spray. There is very little shade available, so we recommend visors or hats and light-colored clothing.
Can I walk/run with a stroller?
- Yes, but all races are run on gravel and dirt paths. We recommend that you do NOT bring a regular stroller as it will not be able to navigate the course. Running-type strollers with large rubber wheels should be fine.
Can my child ride a strider bike or scooter?
- For the safety of all participants, bikes, trikes, scooters, hover-boards, skateboards, inline skates, and all wheeled conveyances (except strollers) are prohibited. Running-type strollers with large wheels are permitted.
Can I bring my dog?
- NO. For the safety of your pet and our rescued animals, dogs and all pets are strictly prohibited on all Sanctuary property and event courses. Dogs may NOT be left in vehicles. This is strictly enforced.
Will you have vegan or gluten-free food options?
- Yes! We will provide a wonderful selection of food that everyone can enjoy, including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options. We also provide options for the carnivores. Rawr!
Can spectators come to watch?
- Absolutely! The expo grounds are open to spectators who would like to watch the start and finish and enjoy the vendors and entertainment. Aside from the start/finish line, areas of the courses that are on Sanctuary property will not be accessible to spectators.
Can spectators visit the Sanctuary after the events?
- Yes! Non-registered spectators or family members can visit by paying the regular admission of $50/adult and $30/child (ages 3-12 years old).
What awards will be given?
- All paid participants will receive a finishers' medal! (Children who are participating for free will not receive medals.)
Do you need volunteers?
- We may need some. Please email email@example.com and we will keep your information if we need help!
How can I sign up to be an Expo vendor?
- There is no cost to be a vendor (other than food or drink vendor) at this event. With thousands of participants coming year after year, it's a great opportunity for you to gain great exposure. Please contact us if you are interested in being a vendor. firstname.lastname@example.org
Will there be water/aid stations? What is provided?
- The 5k and 10k events will have one station with water only at the mid-point of the courses.
Will there be restroom facilities?
- There will be ample port-o-potties at the start and finish area.
What is the terrain like?
- All courses are run entirely on dirt/gravel paths and roads that wind through Sanctuary property.
- There is little to no shade along the courses, so please wear sunscreen!
Is there a time limit?
- There is no time limit for the 5k and 10k events. If you think that you will be on the course for an exceptionally long time period, please let us know ahead of time at email@example.com, and we will make sure to accommodate you.